The Nielsen Five

The Nielsen Five

Friday, September 12, 2008

Food, Anyone??

Have you ever seen so many cans of Vienna Sausages?? Does it make you want to throw-up??
So once again I am in charge of our ward's 72 hour kits. I am over Enrichment night in our Ward, but for someone reason this gets catergorized as an Enrichment Activtiy and therefore I am incharge-( someone needs to change that!!) We are making 200 this year. I thought it was funny-all of this food in my garage! Just to give you an idea:
600 packages of oatmeal, 840 hot coco, 720 apple cider, 360 ramen noodles, 180easy mac and cheese, 540 crackers, 192 can of spegheti o's, 350 cans of vienna sausages, 528 granola bars, 560 fruit snacks, 2070 pieces of candy, 200 forks, 2oo spoons, 2oo cups, 200 foil pouches and one stressed out woman!!
This is all of the food. The picture doesn't do it justice!! Each plastic tub is full of food as well! Aaron keeps saying that if the "Big One" comes today we will be prepared to sell to the neighborhood at extremely high prices!!
So after collecting the money, doing the shopping and loading it into my garage- I am tired to say the least!! Next year someone else is in charge!! (Of course in less your in my ward and reading this, then I love my calling and wouldn't change it for the world!! LOL)
We are putting them together tomorrow- then I can have my life back!! Oh- wait then Tuesday Dance starts agian- oh well -my life will have to wait!!

4 comments:

Stefani B. said...

I'll bet you're grateful for Costco!

deena said...

Your ward is so lucky to have you Candice! You're awesome! The pictures kind of make me hungry!!!

lovejoys said...

Candice,

I didn't know who you were from your comment. I didn't know you spelled your name that way. But it was way fun to see your blog. Your Ruby is georgeous. Her and Lizzie could be great friends if we lived closer.

Joyce

DeVries Family said...

You are the STUFF!!! Candice, our ward would be lost without you!!!