The Nielsen Five

The Nielsen Five

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend- Trip to Ephraim and Gardening

We took a day trip on Saturday to Ephraim, Utah were Aaron and I met and went to college. They were having their annual Scandinavain Days Festival. It was alot of fun to see the College again and reminis about the "good ole' days"!! Aaron's mom came with us and then Candice's parents met us there. Watching the parade and waiting for the candy to be thrown! Grandpa Keetch was in charge of making sure the kids got alot of candy!
Karter and Kolton riding on the carnival rides



This is Aaron and I in spring of 1999. This is a swing in a park in Ephraim. When we were dating we would come and "talk" on this bench until the wee hours of the morning!
And here we are today in 2009... no change -right??!!??
And, as Aaron put it, "This is what you call- Coming full Circle!"
We had to drive past our little house in Ephraim where we lived for a year while we both finished school. We lived in the attic apartment. You got to it by climbing up those terrible stairs on the side of the house. It was an awesome apartment, especially since it was only $200 a month! That was the good old days! We even noticed that now they have satillite dishes on the house, when we lived there we didn't even have a T.V.- I know hard to believe- but we didn't!
We had a great time on our little trip!


On Memorial Day Aaron and the kids planted our Garden and our new little tree! Kolton was such a big help. He stayed outside the entire day and helped plant everything. I was so proud of him! Although I think it had something to do with the fact that I offered him $5 if he would!!
This is our pumpkin patch on the side of our house. It completly gets filled come fall!
This is our garden- the boys did a great job and I can't wait for all the veges and fruit to come in!
Here is our new little tree. We decided to plant a glode willow. They are very fast growing and a wonderful shade tree. We are hoping it stays alive and grows quickly!!

1 comments:

Cassie said...

How fun to be able to walk down memory lane like that!! I bet it seems like just yesterday! Love the picture of the whole fam on the bench! Too cute!