The Nielsen Five

The Nielsen Five

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Last Year in my Twenties!!

Happy 29th Birthday Candice!
My Mom and I
One Year Old
1998 Senior Year at High School
Well it is official, I turned 29. Last year in my twenties!! I think I am dealing ok- next year will be the big one!! I can't believe that I am 29. Seems like yesterday the only thing I cared about was school, friends, and how big I could get my hair! How things have changed! Now I have a wonderful husband of almost 10 years and 3 great kids-- Not to mention the gray hairs, poopy diapers and endless worries that come with them! I do like to think though, that I am much stronger and wiser in my "old"age! Life has a different meaning to me now. How wonderful life and family is and how grateful I am for it. How grateful I am for the Gospel and how much more I grow to understand it everyday. I am thankful for my parents and my sister and her husband. They are my rocks to stand on when flood waters seem to be rising. How grateful I am to all of my friends. They fill my life with love and laughter.
So I guess another year older means another year wiser and another year to live and love life!
My Cute Boys
This morning Karter ran into my bedroom singing "Happy Birthday to You!" It was priceless. What a great way to wake up! Kolton went with Aaron yesterday to buy me a gift. He was so excited to give it to me today. It was chocolate!! Not only chocolate- but DARK CHOCOLATE! My Favorite! Kolton picked it out all by himself! What a great way to celebrate my Birthday!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Candice!!! Don't worry. Next year you'll only be 30years young. You look great!

Stefani B. said...

Happy Birthday...I hope it was great. Trust me, the 30's don't feel much different...so far.

deena said...

Happy Birthday Candice! Enjoy this last year of youth!!!:) Really, the 30s aren't so bad!!

Kristin said...

Wow look at your mom! I hope you had a great birthday!!!